My friend and I spent many happy childhood hours adventuring through the cave of monsters in the game Bubble Bobble. She recently became a mummy and I couldn’t resist modifying the old intro screen of Bubble Bobble into this new parent card. :)
Happy New Year.
It’s been quite a busy 2014 but I have been keeping up the crafting I just haven’t had the time to sit and blog. Mostly due to being busy in my new home which needs a lot of work so the DIY has taken over. But I’ve been collecting all my pics and should have a whole host of things to blog soon.
But to start the year with a smile my lovely husband gave me this custsom made stamp for Christmas and it’s first use was on this card to say thank you. So now I can stamp all my creations with my MadeBySair.co.uk logo. :)
Here’s this years Mother’s Day card.
Inspired by simple labels, I created this by just cutting out a pretty shape on some flowery card stock. Stamping the letters onto some ruled card and accenting with a couple of sharpies.
Also this year I sent a card to my sister for her first Mother’s Day.
I took a similar simple approach and created a rosette type of design. I created some relief by attaching the shape with sticky pads and added a cute little wooden peg.
I used some new gel stamps that I picked up from Paperchase for the spotty borders.
I coloured the stamps with some stamping pens that I found in TKMaxx. You can get some good craft bargains from there. I also used the spotty border stamp to create the pattern on the box. For the balloons I just cut out the shapes and mounted them with adhesive squares for some relief. The strings are stamped on using the same set of gel stamps. The congratulations lettering this time is from a set of stickers from HobbyCraft.
Here’s this years Father’s Day card.
Inspired by shelving, I used some wooden lolly sticks as shelves. I then stamped out the letters and cut them out individually. I used a metallic sharpie to outline them so they stood out against the background and also look a bit like picture frames on the shelves.
The background is made by weaving together a selection of japanese paper. This was quite tricky as when it came to sticking the weaved paper to the card it would easily come appart. In the end used double sided tape to secure the ends of the vertical strips. It was still quite fiddly getting the rest stuck in place. The numbers are stamped and mounted onto plain card to make them stand out.
A couple of children’s birthday cards I made last year. I made these using some japanese paper and yellow foam to get some relief on the cakes. The lettering is done with stamps.
I decided to have 3 candles even thought it was a second birthday card as I think odd numbers always look more aesthetically pleasing and I don’t think the recipient had started counting yet :)